So my dears in this tutorial I will show you how simple it is to make your own Pencil Case.
These pencil cases are made form some fabric a relative of mine picked up in a charity/thrift shop and you can colour it in – I know cool eh!? but you can use any fabric I have made them out of old jeans anything that is medium weight fabric( not too thick not to thin). I have lined one before but I prefer them not lined.
You will Need
1. Cut two pieces of fabric 4inch x 8inch and make sure they have no creases.
2. Pick out an 8-inch zip in a colour that suits your fabric. I was OK to choose any colour as my fabric is white.
3. Now Place the zip on top of your fabric right sides together and edges together as in the picture. Sew, making sure to leave a 1/2cm space at the beginning and end of the zip.
4. Once sewn, press the fabric and the zip *TIP* I use a small straightening iron in my sewing room for small projects!!
5. Do the same with the other piece of fabric. Sew. Press.
6. All edges of the pencil case should now line up, if not just get out a pair of scissors (pinking shears preferably) and snip off the excess fabric.
7. With all edges now nice and neat start at one edge ( by the zip) and sew three edges! As shown in the picture below.
*TIP* Don’t forget to leave the zip half open to make it easier to turn inside out.
8. Finished, all that’s left to do is turn it right side out et voila!!
I really hope you guys like this tutorial. Share it with friends!!